Mailing Address: c/o D.S. Bentley • PO Box 844 • Epping, NH 03042 •
Birthdays: Paul - October 14, Lucinda - May 7, Donnie - January 25, James - July 13, Christina - December 1
Paul & Lucinda's Wedding Anniversary - December 16
Paul and Lucinda first arrived in Bolivia in January, 1984. They were involved in various ministries including children's clubs, itinerant evangelism, leadership training conferences in rural areas, teaching at a Quechua Bible Institute, and planting a church in a Quechua area on the outskirts of the city of Sucre. In 1993 Paul and Lucinda, in conjunction with SIM and other missionaries of New Tribes Mission, started a project to establish a short wave radio station for outreach to the 2.2 million mono-lingual Quechuas of Bolivia. As a result of the needs of this project they moved to the central city of Cochabamba. The Quechua radio station, Mosoj Chaski (New Messenger), has now been broadcasting the Good News of Jesus Christ for 15 years throughout the country of Bolivia. As well as Paul's continuing work at the radio station, they are involved in Bible teaching and evangelism. Lucinda teaches in an outreach to care for the children of prostitutes and aids a couple of projects that do outreach to children-at-risk.
About Paul & Linda
Paul and Lucinda have three children. The oldest at 33, Donnie, is married and works in the Middle East. James, age 30, is married with a son and is the Director of aNGO that works in Guatemala on projects of child malnutrition, agricultural development, etc. Christina, age 26, is married and works in KY with her husband; their long-term plans are to do outreach, potentially in the Turkish-speaking world.
- Fruitful travel to Peru to evaluate and plan with the Area Leader of South America who Paul supervises
- Productive trip to Sucre, Bolivia to meet with the three trainers of the Quechua radio station's mobile Bible school. Thirty-five students graduated this past year from the seven courses of studies, and are involved in teaching and sharing with others in their respective communities.
- Good Bible teaching sessions for Lucinda with the children of the prostitutes
- Addition to Paul and Lucinda's Regional team of an experienced couple to help with leadership development in the four areas they supervise throughout the Americas
- Work with the kids of Foundacion Emanuel - for the teaching to impact their lives; for God's provision in their complex situations; for God's love to be evident to them through the lives of those who work in the center
- For the upcoming Disciple Making Movement Training Seminar in Ontario, Canada - for the participants traveling from across Canada; for the training to foster more church planting in many people groups across Canada
- For the staff at the Quechua radio station - production of hundreds of new radio programs; for the stability of the technical equipment at the studios and transmitter site
- For new personnel and teams for outreach to priority unreached people groups
- For work for Paul and Lucinda's daughter and son-in-law (Christina and Pablo), as the company that had employed Pablo recently closed its doors